Growers United is a cooperative of family businesses that work hard to produce flavorsome vegetables every day. Growers United
is one of the largest providers in the industry of harvesting, packing, and shipping greenhouse-grown vegetables in Europe. MyConveyor has supplied 24.000m² of transport systems for the new Growers United distribution center in Maasdijk, where they process millions of tomatoes, eggplants, bell peppers, and cucumbers every year.
The network of different products, boxes, crates, and pallets requires a diverse combination of conveyors. We have implemented all of our conveyor types in the automation of this fantastic project:
• The Vitra belt conveyors
for the transportation of crates and boxes. These conveyors are ideal for transporting goods over long distances.
• The Viroc roller conveyors
were used to implement tight curves and connect multiple automation tracks.
• The Vinar non-powered roller conveyors let crates roll down a gentle slope towards their scanners/coders.
• The Vikra chain conveyors
are installed throughout the warehouse to transport large amounts of crates over long distances.
• The Viko chain conveyors also run throughout the warehouse to move the heavy pallets with crates. These chain conveyors have been fitted with Viko turning units so that the pallets can change directions effortlessly on their journey.
• The crate washers have been surrounded by modular belt conveyors made from stainless steel. These are specifically designed to handle wet goods and operate in damp conditions.
This hypermodern distribution center enables Growers United to get their vegetables from the greenhouse to the supermarket within 24 hours! You can see the various installations below.